July Favourites!

As the title suggests, this post is going to go over what i've been loving in the past month.  Not all of these products are new to me, but nonetheless they are favourites of mine! If you regularly read my posts you'll know that I said the camera that I use to take photos with is broken, that's why I have used stock photos.

Since this is primarily a beauty blog, I feel it only right to begin by talking about those first. All of my cosmetic favourites for the month are new, but I have had a few weeks getting a feel for them, and they have yet to disappoint.

Cosmetics and Skincare:

Sigma F82 Round Top Kabuki

I mentioned this in the post I did about my sigma haul, so if you want more details on it you can read that here: http://caperepulchra.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/sigma-haul-what-i-got-and-swatches.html It's an overall brilliant brush, if you're a fan of the Real Techniques Buffing Brush you'll definitely want to give this brush a go.


MONU Extra Rich Night Cream

I got a sample of this in my July Glossy Box and i'm thoroughly impressed by how smooth and soft it left my skin feeling in the morning. I may write a post about this soon because I think it's incredible, look out for that!

Essie Instant Hot Nail Polish.


I briefly mentioned this in a nail of the day post. It's just a beautiful opaque white with pink shimmer. I really love how it looks on the nails. If you missed that NOTD you can check it out here to get more of a feel for how this polish looks. http://caperepulchra.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/notd-essie-rimmel.html

Avon Super-shock Max Mascara.

I was so pleasantly surprised by this mascara that it has actually overtook my Maybelline One by One Volum Express. It's fantastic, I definitely think its worth a try!


New makeup storage!

I've struggled to find a nice, neat, and pretty way to store my make up so this month I decided to try something different. I transferred all of my nail polishes and cosmetics from a table top chest of drawers it was then in to these Vintage vanity cases from Amazon and so far i'm happy with it. I also got these mini shelves that are wired white metal, they look like birdcages split in half and are really very sweet. I got those from Urban Outfitters for £12 each :) I'm not finished yet, I still need a fitting way to store my brushes, on the look out. If you have any suggestions please comment below and let me know, i'm so stuck!


Fashion


Miss Selfridge Duke Nude Slippers


I find it hard to find slipper shoes that look nice on me, but I love these! I've actually just bought another pair of slippers based on how much wear I get from these. They are so comfy, and versatile. Very pretty too I think. The other pair I've just bought are kind of a Topshop Vectra dupe. Better in my opinion though because the base isn't cotton, it's faux suede. They're from Matalan and that of course means they were inexpensive, only £10. If you liked the Vectra's but didn't want to spend the money these are really nice alternatives.


Films & Television


LOL

I'd been looking forward to this for a while, I love Douglas Booth and I think Miley Cyrus is a pretty good actress also. It's an alternative to cheesy love stories and the acting in it is really quite genuine. I really liked it!

Bel Ami

This single handedly restored my faith in Robert Pattinson's acting ability. Such an amazing film. Truly, I love it!



Geordie Shore



I just think it's hilarious. I know it's crappy tv but it's a guilty pleasure of mine! Love it. Charlotte is fucking hilarious!





Books


It's not me. It's you. By Jon Richardson




I absolutely adore this mans sense of humour! I went to see one of his gigs during term time at Aberystwyth Arts Center and he was absolutely hilarious. His book is no different, I love how dry his humour is, just my cup of tea! I've not finished it yet because i'm also reading Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde at the moment but I can already tell that this is going to be one of my new favourite books! If you want to read something a little abstract and quite personal actually, then this is for you. Well written and great content. Thumbs up to Jon Richardson!

That's it for this months favourites. What were yours?
Follow and comment. I follow back :)
Seize the Beautiful xo

10 comments:

  1. I love Essie nail polishes! Those slipper shoes are lovely - I definitely want some of them now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first Essie polish, definitely going to be getting some more, I love the formula and it lasted for ages, I think a week without chipping! xo

      Delete
  2. I really want to get Sigma F82 brush!

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth it! I bought it from the US site and paid for the postage as it was on sale in a duo with the angled kabuki brush too. Really good deal if you're willing to pay the postage it was only $22 or something like that! Gives such an airbrush finish! xo

      Delete
  3. loving those flats! and secretly I'm also enjoying geordie shore - shh! ha ha : D x


    Raves 'nd Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha well, we all need our guilty pleasures! xo

      Delete
  4. That sigma brush looks amazing. I've never had a long kabuki brush. You usually see the short small ones.

    www.itsmeehlizie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little strange to use at first but now i've gotten used to it I love it! xo

      Delete
  5. Sigma Solve LLC Company has a highly experienced and professional team of Volusion™ e-commerce site developers.The overall combined experience of our Volusion™ team developers stands to more then 15 years.
    Volusion
    INDIA
    Sigma Solve IT Tech PVT.LTD.
    224, Platinum Plaza, Opp. IOC Petrol Pump, Judges Bunglow Road, Bodakdev,
    Ahmedabad - 380054 - Phone: +91 (0) 79 30009243

    ReplyDelete