Illamasqua Nail Varnish review w/ swatches.

There are a few important criteria for all nail varnishes as far as i'm concerned. 

First: It needs to be quick drying - most important, I hate having to wait around. 
Secondly: Opacity - I don't want to have to apply 7000 coats to acheive the colour in the bottle.


Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Propaganda (Currently on sale for £5 - usually £13.50)

The above swatch is 2 coats, which is alright. But. I don't know if you can really see it from the picture but it looks a little transparent on the edges and it is quite thin and transparent - not great considering it is blue especially, it looks inky!

Its something I can work with. I'm sure a third coat would not be too much hassle.

The nail vanish doesn't dry especially quickly, having said that its not outstandingly slow either. It's just normal. So that's okay. If i'd paid the full price I can't see myself being so content with this polish being average.

I do want to point out that although the normal price of Illamasqua Nail Varnishes is £13.50 you do get 15ml of product. That's the same as O.P.I but more than Barry M, Nails Inc and E.L.F which are all 10ml. 

Something to take notice of I think. 



Other than the basic criteria I look for, this has gorgeous sleek packaging, a thin wand which allows you to get down to the cuticle without mess and once it's dry it does feel like it's going to last quite a while. Here's hoping.

I feel like I should try a light colour from their Nail Varnish collection before making an overall judgement. The colour Caress looks so beautiful, maybe i'll pick that up.

Making a judgement on this colour alone, i'd say Illamasqua Nail Varnish is good enough, but nothing out of the ordinary. It isn't spectacular, but I am planning on what colour to buy next so that has to count for something.

Please follow and Share!
Seize the Beautiful xo

No comments:

Post a Comment